Legacy properties T/A Legacy Homes is the data controller as defined by data protection legislation.
For the purposes of this policy, the term “Legacy Homes” comprises the following legal entities:
- Legacy Homes T/A
- Legacy Properties
Why do we hold your Personal Information?
We will process your personal information prior to entering into a contractual agreement with you, or to carry out an existing contractual arrangement, to meet our legitimate business interests or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. We process your information for reasons including:
- To provide you with the information you have requested regarding a property or development.
- To enable the sale or potential sale of a new home
- For sales, promotional, marketing, advertising and campaigns including promotional information about 3rd parties we think you may find interesting
- For handling new and repeat enquiries
- To maintain information about house plots
- To process payments and refunds
- To enable support from our Customer Care Team and out of hours helpline
- To improve our products and services
- For customer administration
- For internal record keeping
- To conduct research, testing and analysis
- To measure and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising and to allow us to send more relevant advertising to you
We will inform you where we need your consent to process your personal information. No automated decision-making is conducted on your personal data. We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect personal information directly from you when you register your interest via our website, when we meet with you at one of our developments or via other communications, such as when you make enquiries with, or purchase a property from us, or call our Customer Care Team.
Information collected can include:
- Your name, date of birth, home address(es), home and mobile telephone number(s), email address(es)
- Information about your purchases with us
- Information or documentation you provide about yourself, such as identity documents
- Records of written and verbal communications between us
- Employment information
- Financial records such as salary and bank account details
- CCTV images if you attend a development where CCTV recording is in use
We may also collect your Personal Data from third parties, for example:
- From other third parties with your consent (for example solicitor or mortgage broker)
- From searches of Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs) and Fraud Prevention Agencies (FPAs) of their records relating to you
- From public records (e.g. the electoral roll).
- From our estate agent partners
- From social media platforms with your consent
When you access our website, we may collect information including:
- IP address (number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet)
- Type of device you access the website from
- Type of Internet browser software used
- Legacy Homes website pages that you visit; and date and duration of your visit
Who will we share your Personal Information with?
Sometimes it’s necessary to share information with 3rd parties for the following reasons:
- With NHBC for National New Homes Survey and Homebuyers Guarantee
- With trusted tradespeople such as tilers, electricians, or plumbers to report and deal with defects or issues
- With trusted 3rd parties who provide us with research, reviews, and marketing services
- With utility providers for connection of services like gas and electricity
- With Help to Buy schemes on your behalf
How long will your Personal Information be kept for?
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary. We establish this by considering legal requirements and guidance on the relevant best practice. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was obtained. Should we need to use your information for any other purpose we will notify you in advance of the change.
Where will your Personal Information be Processed?
Unless otherwise stated, your personal information will only be processed by Legacy Homes in the United Kingdom subject to applicable laws and regulations.
How you can control what your Personal Information is used for?
If you’d like to stop receiving news and offers or promotional information from us, you can do so in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us sending you offers, news or promotional information about third parties, you can change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing email@example.com
- When you complete a contact form on our website, you will be asked if you would like to receive marketing information such as offers and news
- Whenever you receive an email from us you can click the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email
Website Cookies – Google Analytics
By using our website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. If you want to prevent your information from being used by Google Analytics, you may download the optout browser here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
How is your Information secured?
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information against
unauthorised access, mis-use, loss, or destruction including:
- Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and segmentation of our systems
- We will not disclose your personal information to parties who are not authorised to process them.
What happens to your data if you enter a competition or marketing campaign with us
If you enter one of our competitions or marketing campaigns, you should be aware that any personal data that you provide in any text, social media post, photo, video or images, including your name, relevant Legacy development and your location may be used in internal and external publications and in different media such as social media and print marketing campaigns.
What privacy rights do you have?
Under current data protection legislation you have rights regarding how your personal information is collected, used, and shared. You have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you or to review, modify, delete, or to request that we stop processing such personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/. If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section on our website.
Please note that we will need to confirm your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect your personal information.